Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program 2020-21 in Eswatini: Benefits
- Researcher Monthly Stipend – $4,970-$5,870
- Teaching or Teaching/Research Award (Assistant Professor or Below) Monthly Stipend – $5,740-$6,640
- Teaching or Teaching/Research Award (Associate or Full Professor) Monthly Stipend – $5,960-$6,860
- Estimated Travel and Relocation Allowance – Round-trip, economy-class, international travel arranged by travel agent selected by CIES, for scholar and up to two accompanying dependents. A $2,800 allowance will be provided to cover the costs associated with relocation and excess baggage.
- Estimated Book and Research Allowance – $1,000 books and educational materials allowance; should be donated to the host institution (or other entity) upon grantee’s departure. (For Teaching and Teaching/Research awards only.)
- Dependent Tuition Allowance – Up to $12,500 per child or $25,000 per family for accompanying dependents in grades K-12 is reimbursed for a full academic year, upon submission of receipts, and depending on funding availability. The amount may be adjusted for shorter grant periods. Reimbursement is based on the actual cost of tuition and fees only.
- Special Award Benefits – When university housing is provided to Fulbright Scholars, grantees will receive a supplemental housing allowance for refurbishments, utilities, and other miscellaneous expenses that arise. The full housing allowance will not be provided to grantees if they elect to decline on-campus or university housing.
Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program 2020-21 in Eswatini: Criteria
- U.S. citizenship – permanent residence is not sufficient.
- Recipients of a Fulbright Scholar grant are eligible to apply for another Fulbright Scholar grant two years after the date of completion of the previous grant.
- All teaching will be in English; proficiency in another language is not required.
- The grant is open to all levels of scholars, including early career
- Only applications in the following disciplines will be considered – Business Administration, Economics, and Mathematics.
- Applications are encouraged in business administration, economics, human resource management, management, auditing, international accounting and theory, management accounting or finance
- Scholars with a Ph.D. and at least five years of postdoctoral university or college teaching experience are preferred. However, Ph.D. (or other terminal degree) is not mandatory.
- Candidates who have resided abroad for five or more consecutive years in the six-year period preceding the date of application are ineligible. In this case, a period of nine months or more during a calendar year is considered to constitute a full year abroad.
- Recent college graduates with limited professional experience are ineligible for consideration under the Fulbright Scholar Program. Instead, such applicants can visit the Fulbright Student Program.
- Graduate or doctoral students seeking funding to complete their degrees are ineligible for consideration under the Fulbright Scholar Program. Instead, such applicants can visit the Fulbright Student Program.
- Sound physical and mental health: selected candidates are required to submit a Medical History and Examination Report before their grants can be finalized.
- Grants shall not authorize engagement in pastoral, missionary, or other professional religious activities.
- Grants shall not authorize engagement in activities for which a license to practice medicine or nursing is required.
- Applicants are required to disclose any prior convictions of a felony or a misdemeanor, including Driving Under the Influence (DUI) or Driving While Intoxicated (DWI), but excluding minor traffic violations. Applicants must promptly notify IIE in writing if they are arrested for, indicted for, charged with or convicted of a felony or misdemeanor (excluding minor traffic violations) after submitting the application.
Please note: Candidates who have served in the Armed Forces of the United States will be given preference, provided their qualifications are approximately equivalent to those of other candidates.
The deadline for this program is September 17, 2019. In addition, readers who want to find out more information or to apply are required to access the official website: https://awards.cies.org/content/business-administration-9