September 5, 2019 – Global Affairs Canada is pleased to introduce a new scholarships program for Canadian post-secondary institutions to welcome international students from diverse regions worldwide to schools and programs across Canada.
The program aims to diversify and enrich Canada’s education engagement with a broad range of partners, to support Canadian institutions’ internationalization objectives, strengthen bilateral ties, and complement Canada’s international trade diversification efforts.
Fully funded by the Government of Canada, these scholarships will be awarded to students from all academic disciplines, for post-secondary programs of up to two years leading to a diploma, post-secondary or post-graduate certificate, or Master’s degree at a college, technical or vocational institute, or university in Canada.
Canadian post-secondary institutions will apply for scholarships on behalf of eligible students, who will need to meet the admissions criteria of their chosen institution. Applications will be accepted from January to March 2020.
- Program name: Study in Canada Scholarships
- Funding organization: Government of Canada
- Target audience: Students at the college and master’s level from the following countries / territories: Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Comoros, Djibouti, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritania, Micronesia, Palau, Tonga, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Vanuatu, Palestinians from the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem
- Value of the award: Up to CAD 60,000 per year
- Duration of the award: 1 to 2 years
- Includes: Airfare, tuition, monthly living allowance, study permit, accommodation, medical insurance and more.
- Application period: January to March 2020
Visit Study in Canada Scholarships for more information on this program.