EoT Fellowship for University Students and Young Experts (2019-20)
About EoT The Economy of Tomorrow (EoT) is designed to provide Fellowships to young and motivated Bangladeshi Students and Experts in order to conduct research and to write a policy paper outlining concrete policy reforms for Economic Growth in a socially just, gender equal, resilient and sustainable society.
Priority Areas under this theme may include, but are not limited to:
1. Automation in industries vs employment: Digital inclusive policies and creation of new jobs for women.
2. Digital inclusiveness for promoting women’s employment in service and manufacturing industries.
3. Digitalizing the RMG sector affecting the stereotypical roles of female workers: Preparedness and adaptability for female workers.
4. Technological changes in the agriculture sector impacting women
5. Emerging information and communication technology (and business processing outsourcing) sector and its role in the future of work for women.
Eligibility of the Candidates
▪ Three categories of applicants are eligible for the Fellowship: a) Students who already passed in Bachelor b) Students who already passed in Masters c) Early career researchers/teachers (up to three years)
▪ Maximum age limit of the applicants is 30.
▪ Students especially from the departments of Economics, Politics, International Relations, Public Administration, Geography, Development Studies, Gender Studies from both Public and Private Universities in Bangladesh.
▪ The students must be in Bangladesh during their Fellowship
▪ Applications along with concept note/short proposal submitted by an individual or a group of individuals will be accepted for further review. Both the individual and group are encouraged to apply.
A policy-oriented paper not exceedingly more than ten pages, and a public presentation by 1 August 2020. The Fellowship will be started through an orientation at the end of January 2020.
About FES The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is a non-profit German foundation funded by the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany and headquartered in Bonn and Berlin. It was founded in 1925 and is named after Germany’s first democratically elected President, Friedrich Ebert. The Bangladesh Office of FES was launched in 2014.
Please contact the below person for application format and all related documents for application!
Shadhan Kumar Das |email@example.com | Phone: 01714-092811 |
www.fes-bangladesh.org | www.facebook.com/fesBangladesh/
The selection will be followed a rigorous competitive process by engaging University Professors. Any persuasion disqualifies the candidate automatically.
Deadline for the submission of Application and short Concept Note: 20 November 2019