Suncor Emerging Leaders Awards in Engineering
Award type: Entrance scholarships Award description:
Each year the University of Waterloo offers numerous entrance scholarships and awards to outstanding students. Entrance bursaries are also available to help students in financial need.
GENERAL ELIGIBILITY FOR ENTRANCE AWARDS
- Entrance scholarships, awards, and bursaries are for full-time, first-year students who are in a degree program and beginning university or college for the first time in September 2020.
- You’ll automatically be considered for the majority of scholarships when you apply.
- A small number of scholarships and awards require an application – these are noted in the database.
- An application is also required for the entrance bursary program. Note that this bursary is for Ontario students only.
ENTRANCE AWARDS DATABASE
You can search our entrance awards database to find scholarships, bursaries and other awards at Waterloo.
As well, you can find a summary of our general and faculty-specific entrance scholarships on the undergraduate admissions website.
Entrance scholarships Award description:
Four or more scholarships, valued at up to $10,000 each, are awarded annually to outstanding undergraduate students in Engineering and Science programs: three to students entering first year in Chemical, Civil, Environmental, or Mechanical Engineering and one to a student entering first year of the Science and Business program or second year of an Earth Sciences program. The scholarships are payable over four years for all programs, except Earth Sciences, where they are payable over the last three years of the program. These scholarships are funded by a generous donation from Suncor in recognition of the outstanding programs at the University of Waterloo and to meet the needs of the Canadian oil and gas industry through trained human resources capable of playing a leadership role in the sector.Value description:
up to $10,000 eachEligibility & selection criteria:
- academic performance
- Admission Information Form (AIF)
- online interview
Program:Engineering→Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical EngineeringCitizenship: Canadian/Permanent resident, International/study permit studentApplication required?: YesAdditional instructions:
Please visit Suncor Emerging Leaders Award for more information on how to apply.