The Study in Canada program is open to international students to begin their studies by August 2020 funded by ‘Global Affairs Canada’.
The purpose of the program is to raise opportunities for Canadian post-secondary institutions to attract international students from a diverse range of countries/territories and regions.
International students have an opportunity to receive a fully-funded academic award leading to a diploma, post-secondary or post-graduate certificate, or Master’s degree at a college, technical or vocational institute, or university in Canada.
Why study in Canada? Choosing Canada to study abroad is a great decision for higher studies. Canadian Government and universities offer multiple financial aid opportunity nationally and globally to support education in Canada.
Application Deadline: Applications open from January 2020 to March 31, 2020.
- University or Organization: EduCanada and Global Affairs Canada
- Department: NA
- Course Level: A diploma, post-secondary or post-graduate certificate, or Master’s degree
- Award: Fully funded for up to two years program (eligible expenses include: Return economy-class air travel to Canada, tuition, living expenses, ground transportation, book allowance, etc.)
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Varies
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in Canada
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted form the following countries: Azerbaijan, Bhutan, Comoros, Djibouti, Fiji, Kazakhstan, Kiribati, Liberia, Mauritania, Micronesia, Palau, Tonga, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, and Vanuatu. Palestinian students from the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem are also eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program will be awarded for higher education in any Canadian post-secondary institutions. There is no restriction on the discipline or field of study. To be eligible, programs must be able to be completed within two academic years or less with full-time status.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- International students from a diverse range of countries/territories and regions, to a broad range of study destinations across Canada, to various programs of study.
- Palestinian candidate students residing in the West Bank, Gaza and East Jerusalem are eligible and may be requested to provide supporting documentation demonstrating their Palestinian identity.
Candidate students: To be considered for an award, candidate students:
- Must not hold Canadian citizenship and must not have applied for permanent residency in Canada;
- Must apply for admission to a full-time academic program at a Canadian post-secondary institution;
- Should indicate their interest in being considered for the Study in Canada Scholarships program when applying;
- Must not already be participating in a program funded by the Government of Canada;
- May already be enrolled in a degree or diploma program at a college, technical or vocational institute, or university in Canada;
- Must meet the entrance requirements for the proposed program of study at the time of submitting an application; and
- Must possess the linguistic competencies necessary to undertake studies in the language of instruction at the Canadian institution (English or French).
Canadian post-secondary institutions are:
- Responsible for submitting applications on behalf of eligible candidates; and
- Encouraged to promote this application opportunity through faculty and staff members, as well as to partner institutions in eligible countries/territories.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To be considered for a scholarship, candidate students must first apply for admission to an academic program at a Canadian post-secondary institution of their choice. The Canadian institution is responsible for applying for the opportunity on behalf of the student.
- Supporting Documents: The following documents must be uploaded and attached to the online application form in one of the following formats: Proof of citizenship/identity, Letter of intent from the institution, Conditional letter of acceptance, Academic plan of the proposed candidate, CV of the proposed candidate, Budget, and Privacy Notice Statement.
- Admission Requirements: Students should consider applying to the Canadian institution well before the March 2020 deadline, so that the Canadian institution has sufficient time to prepare applications on their behalf.
- Language Requirement: Applicants must be proficient in the language of instruction at a Canadian institution (English or French) before coming to Canada. Language requirements are determined by each Canadian institution.
The award value varies depending on the duration, level and program of study.
- Winner will get up to CAD 60,000 for programs of one academic year in duration (e.g. 2 academic terms of up to 4 months each)
- Up to CAD 120,000 for programs of two academic years in duration (e.g., up to 20 months, including four academic terms of up to 4 months each and one intervening spring/summer term of up to 4 months)
- Also, funds allocated to the recipients by DFATD, the Canadian host institution may also claim CAD 500 per award recipient to assist with administrative costs once the recipient arrives in Canada.
- Visa/study/work permit fees/travel related to the collection of biometrics
- Economy-class airfare
- Health insurance
- Tuition fees and mandatory expenses for the academic program for up to 20 months
- Living expenses such as accommodation, utilities and food
- Ground transportation expenses, including a public transportation pass
- Books and supplies required for the recipient’s study or research, excluding computers and other equipment.
- Note: the award does not cover language training
For more about Canada Study -Admissions, Scholarships, Financial Aid & Visa: http://global-scholarship.shoptorsi.com/2019/09/18/canada-study-admissions-scholarships-financial-aid-visa/?fbclid=IwAR0QiwFYah1kFjYIImbKF7CdAMpsqJtdeHr-_LuxXUvQYfbyITzPVm3A8co
For Global Scholarship Handbook free Download: https://global-scholarship.shoptorsi.com/global-scholarship-handbook/?fbclid=IwAR2UlFFlyZdzejs3cLbX01SLTQDsZj4ltm64XZ9cAwG2r9V4W-CZkLM1Cyw