What is CRS Calculator/Express Entry Points Calculator?
The CRS Calculator tool is designed to help you calculate your CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score for Canada immigration based on the answers that you provide. Based on your CRS score, express profiles are assessed and evaluated for Canada PR Visa.
Legal Disclaimer: Our CRS tool is designed solely for general guidance and reference purposes. For the discrepancy between the score generated from our tool and that provided by Express Entry electronic system, results provided by the electronic system shall govern that is in accordance with the provisions of Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and Minister’s Instructions issued under IRPA s.10.3. CRS tool is subject to change with time in accordance with changes to the Ministerial Instructions governing Express Entry.
Topics to discuss:
- CRS Calculator
- CRS Calculator Working
- Latest CRS Cut-off
- CRS points calculation
- CRS Score Factors
- Ways to Improve CRS Score in 2020
You Can Use this tool if:
- You are eligible to minimum one of the Express Entry programs
- You have not registered under Express Entry program and want to know your CRS score
- You have been invited to apply for PR Visa, and want to check if any change in the express profile can affect your CRS score
- You want to check if your CRS score is above than the minimum required points requirement in the latest round of invitations
CRS Calculator 2020: Calculate CRS Score for Canada PR 2020
1) What is your marital status? Select… Annulled Marriage Common-Law Divorced / Separated Legally Separated Married Never Married / Single Widowed Calculate your score
What is the CRS Calculator/tool?
Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) tool or CRS calculator allows the Canada PR Visa applicants to know their CRS score through Express Entry Program. CRS calculator tool asks candidate a set of questions that is related to the selection factors for Express entry program.
These selection factors assessed candidates:
- Language Ability
- Work Experience
- Other Factors
How CRS points are calculated with CRS Calculator?
As mentioned before, there are factors based on which Express entry candidates are awarded CRS points. Factors – Core Human Capital + Spouse/common-law partner + Skill Transferability = 600 CRS Points. Additional Factors (Provincial Nomination, French language proficiency) = 600 CRS points. The maximum CRS points a candidate can get are 1200 Points.
CRS points awarded when moving without spouse/common-law partner
Following table will illustrate how the CRS points are awarded to the candidates who are moving to Canada without spouse or common-law partner –
|Core Human Capital||500|
|Canadian Study Experience||30|
|For Sibling living in Canada||15|
CRS points awarded when moving with spouse/common-law partner
Candidates who are moving to Canada with their spouse or common-law partner are awarded CRS points based on factors shown in the following table –
|Core Human Capital||460|
|Canadian Study Experience||30|
|For Sibling living in Canada||15|
The following are multiple tables that illustrate how the points are awarded based on the factors discussed above.
Core Human Capital
|Factor||Points with spouse/common law-partner||Points without spouse/common law-partner|
|Work Experience in Canada||70||80|
|Work Experience in Canada||10|
|With good/strong official language and a post-secondary degree||50|
|With Canadian experience and a post-secondary degree||50|
|Foreign Work Experience||Points|
|With good/strong official language proficiency and foreign work experience||50|
|With Canadian work experience and foreign work experience||50|
|Certificate of Qualification (for people in trade occupation)||Points|
|With good/strong official language proficiency and a certificate of qualification||50|
|Post-secondary education in Canada||30|
|French Language Proficiency||30|
|Siblings living in Canada||15|
How CRS Calculator Works?
Candidates who have applied for Canada PR Visa through Canada’s source of skilled immigrants – Express Entry Program are all pooled together in a pool. Express profiles are ranked in this pool based on points that are awarded based on factors:
- Core Human Capital Factors
- Spouse/Common-law Partner Factors
- Skill Transferability Factors
- Additional Factors
Every factor has CRS points that are awarded to the express profile of the candidate. This is where the CRS Calculator comes in. Based on these factors, the CRS calculator asks a series of questions to the candidate and assist them to know their CRS score for Canada immigration.
What is the Express Entry Program 2020?
The main source for skilled immigrants in Canada – Express entry program was introduced in 2015 to manage the profiles of the immigrants who have applied for Canada PR through Canada’s three major skilled economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC)
- Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
What is CRS?
Implemented by Express Entry Program, CRS is a ranking system that ranks express profiles in the express pool. Higher ranked profiles are issued ITAs (Invitation to Apply) through frequently held express draws. This ITA allows the express entry candidate to submit their application with the proper set of documents for Canada PR Visa to the Immigration, Refugees & Citizenship Canada (IRCC) within 60 days of getting the ITA.IMPORTANT LINKS
- Canada PR Visa fees in 2020
- Canada Immigration Consultants in Delhi
- Provincial Nominee Program 2020
- Canada Express Entry 2020
- Canada PNP Visa Without Job Offer
- Canada PR Points Required
Express Entry 2020 Vs Canada PNP
Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) is another immigration program for skilled immigrants to apply for Canada PR Visa. Every province in Canada (except Quebec) has these PNPs that allows them to nominate skilled immigrants for permanent resident status in respective province, who are able to meet the requirements of the local labour market.
When compared to the Federal government’s Express Entry program, PNPs have much lower requirements for immigrants to meet. Every PNP has different requirements that are based on the demand of labour market of the province, and if an immigrant is able to meet those requirements (Job-offer, Connection to the province, Occupation in-demand) they are given the provincial nomination certificate. There are some PNPs that even do not require the candidate to have a CRS score.
Latest CRS Cut-off
IRCC held express draws in approximately two weeks to issue ITAs to the higher-ranked profiles in the express pool. Each express draw has a minimum CRS score requirement (CRS score cut-off). Express profiles that are able to meet the required minimum CRS score are issued the ITA. In the latest express draw, the CRS score cut-off was set at 471 points. This means that the express profile in the express pool with the CRS score of 471 or more points was issued the ITAs.
What are the Minimum Requirements to apply for Canada PR Visa?
For any skilled immigrants with work experience in an eligible occupation to apply for Canada PR Visa through Express Entry Program (Federal Skilled Worker Program), they must meet the minimum of the following requirement to apply for Canada PR Visa:
- Minimum of one year of work experience in a skilled occupation that is categorized under NOC (National Occupation Classification) skill type 0, A or B in the last 10 years
- Minimum CLB (Canadian Language Benchmark) level 7 under language proficiency
- Education must be equivalent to the Canadian education system (Education Credential Assessment) and must have a minimum of a post-secondary degree, diploma or certificate
- Must provide proof of settlement funds
- Clear the unique 67 points system assessment
What are the major factors that affect the CRS score?
Earlier we have discussed how the points are awarded in Canada Express Entry Points Calculator. Here, we will discuss six major selection factors that can affect your CRS score and can assist you in clearing the 67 point system. Following factors based on which points are also awarded in 67 point assessment grid:
- Education – Max 25 points
- Language Skills – Max 28 points
- Work Experience – Max 15 points
- Age – Max 12 points
- Arranged Employment – Max 10 points
- Adaptability – Max 10 points
Above are the points based on which 67 points calculator works for Canada Immigration. These factors can also affect your CRS score.IMPORTANT LINKS
- Ontario PNP 2020
- Canada Immigration Consultants in Delhi
- Manitoba PNP 2020
- BC PNP 2020
- Saskatchewan PNP 2020
- Canada PR Points System
What are the Ways to Improve CRS Score 2020?
Due to the higher CRS score requirement, many of the express profiles are not able to meet those requirements. For express entry candidates, to increase their chances of getting an ITA, they have to improve their CRS score. We have divided the factors based on the time taken to work on them – Fast methods and Slow Methods.
Fast methods to improve the CRS score in 2020 are as follows:
- Improving language Test Scores: Language proficiency is one of the factors based on which CRS points are awarded. If the candidate is able to score higher in language tests like IELTS etc, they can improve their CRS score
- Spouse Factors: Candidate who is applying with their spouse/common-law partner can get extra points for their qualifications.
Slow methods for improving CRS score are as follows:
- Provincial Nomination: The major way of improving the CRS score is getting a provincial nomination certificate. It gives a boost of 600 CRS points to the express profile.
- Job-offer: Pre-arranged job offer can award CRS points ranging from 50 to 200 points
- Higher Education
- Work Experience
CRS score History for 2019
Following is a table that shows the express draws that were held in the year 2019 and the corresponding CRS score cut-off.
|Draw Number||Date||Number of ITAs issued||Minimum CRS score required|
|127||Oct 16||500 (Federal Skilled Trades Only)||357 (Federal Skilled Trades Only)|
|116||May 25||500 (Federal Skilled Trades Only)||332 (Federal Skilled Trades Only)|
Next Express Draw Prediction – The CRS score cut-off is mainly affected by two factors:
- Size of Draw
- Time Interval b/w two consecutive express draw
If the size of the draw is larger than the minimum CRS score requirement is decreased. It’s reversed in case of the time interval, with more time b/w express draws leads to an increase in CRS score cut-off.
AP Immigration makes full effort to ensure the quality of the information available in this CRS tool for the complete Canada express entry points system (CRS calculator 2020). However, before depending on the information contained in the Tool, users should carefully assess their completeness and relevance to their purpose. The information in the tool is provided for informational purposes only. Nothing in the Tool should be used as professional advice and the Tool does not replace the advice of a lawyer. Users should contact a qualified Canadian immigration lawyer and obtain appropriate professional advice regarding their particular situation before any action or decision is made based on any of the information provided on the tool. AP Immigration accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage incurred by the use or trust in the tool or the information it contains and cannot guarantee and assumes no legal responsibility or responsibility for the accuracy of the information.
Frequently asked Questions (FAQs)
Question 1: Why use CRS Calculator?
Answer 1: Canada Immigration is a point-based immigration process. One of the fastest immigration pathways to Canada PR Visa is the Express Entry Program. In order to invite candidates with higher skill sets and rank profiles based on their credentials, express entry uses a ranking system – Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS). Now, in order to calculate your CRS score that is awarded based on various selection factors, one needs the assistance of the CRS calculator.
Question 2: Where I can get an ECA?
Answer 2: Education Credential Assessment (ECA) is required to prove pursued education is equivalent to Canadian education. Some of the designated organizations from IRCC for ECA are as follows:
- Comparative Education Service: University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies
- International Credential Assessment Service of Canada
- World Education Services
- International Qualifications Assessment Service
- International Credential Evaluation Service
Question 3: For how much time express profile is valid in an express pool?
Answer 3: An express entry profile is valid for 12 months from when it is submitted into the express pool. When the profile is not selected in 12 months, the candidate is required to re-submit their profile, within 60 days of time. If the candidate is not able to re-submit, then they have to create a new express profile.
Other Provincial Calculators:
- Ontario Points Calculator
- Alberta Points Calculator
- SINP Points Calculator
- Nova Scotia Points Calculator