Fulbright U.S. Student Exchange Programs Deadline Extended Until: Saturday, June 20, 2020
Fulbright U.S. Program
The U.S. Student Program offers fellowships for U.S. graduating college seniors, graduate students, young professionals, and artists to study abroad for one academic year for study and research abroad. In addition, Critical Language Enhancement Awards are available to grantees for study of critical need foreign languages before their grant period.
The ETA Program places U.S. students as English teaching assistants in schools or universities overseas, thus improving foreign students’ English language abilities and knowledge of the United States while increasing their own language skills and knowledge of the host country.
Fulbright Bangladesh Program
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program enables young Bangladeshi professionals to pursue graduate study in the United States.
Fulbright Foreign Student Program FY2021-22
Application deadline extended until Saturday, June 20, 2020
The U.S. Embassy in Dhaka is pleased to accept applications for this year’s Fulbright Foreign Student Program, which provides grants for a fully funded Master’s Degree in the United States. Preferred candidates include young faculty from Bangladeshi universities, junior to mid-level employees of research organizations, think tanks, NGOs, and the public and private sectors. Grants will be awarded for degrees in the following fields:
- Education: All aspects of Higher Education Administration / Education Policy, Planning & Management / Curriculum and Instructions
- Social Sciences & Humanities: Political Science / Sociology / History / Literature/ Language and Culture
- Business: MBA in Human Resource Management / International Business / Operations Management / Healthcare Administration
- Economics: International Economics / Trade and Finance / Policy / Environmental / Natural Resources Economics
- Core Sciences: Biology / Chemistry / Physics / Pharmacy
- Urban Planning: General Planning / Land Use and Environmental Planning / Transportation Systems / Urban / Community Development
- Environmental Studies & Disaster Management
- Fashion and Textile Design
- Public Administration / Public Policy
- Psychology – Clinical / Counseling
- Security Studies
Fulbright grant provisions include: round-trip airfare, tuition and related academic fees, a monthly stipend for room, board, and incidental expenses, a book allowance, health and accident insurance, travel allowance, and excess baggage allowance. The program is extremely selective—in previous years, about seven to eight grants have been made after hundreds of applications were received and reviewed.
To be eligible, candidates must:
- Have at least a four-year bachelor’s degree, with an outstanding academic record.
- Not have a degree from a U.S. university, or be enrolled in a current degree program in the United States.
- Not hold a master’s degree from any third country (those holding Bangladeshi master’s degrees are still eligible.)
- Have at least two years full-time professional experience relevant to the proposed field of study.
- Be fluent in English with a minimum iBT TOEFL score of 80 / IELTS 7.0.
- Be in good health.
- Be a Bangladeshi citizen residing in Bangladesh at the time of application.
- Be willing to refund the cost of a return ticket if they return home before completion of the degree.
Applicants are required to submit an online application by Saturday, June 20, 2020.
Prospective candidates are highly encouraged to read application instructions thoroughly before filling out the application form.
Candidates may access the online application directly at: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2021/
The following supplemental forms must be uploaded and submitted through the online application by Saturday, June 20, 2020:
- Academic Transcripts and Certificates from each post-secondary institution attended (Bachelor’s and Master’s.)
- Three Letters of Reference submitted by the referees directly to the online application portal. (Prospective candidates must register his / her referees through the “Recommender Registration” button available on the online application site.)
- Academic Records Information Form (available on the online application site.)
- TOEFL / IELTS score
A competitive GRE or GMAT score is also required for admission to a master’s program in the United States. If applicants already have such a score, those scores should be uploaded with the online application. If not available, the American Center can arrange testing for preliminarily selected candidates only. Prospective candidates must prepare well in advance for standardized tests (TOEFL/GRE/GMAT) since a competitive score is crucial for admission.
Applicants are encouraged to contact Ms. Raihana Sultana at the U.S. Embassy at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the application procedures.
The Fulbright FLTA Program provides young Bangladeshi teachers of English the opportunity to refine their teaching skills and broaden their knowledge of American cultures and customs while strengthening the instruction of foreign languages at colleges and universities in the United States.
For Bangladeshi Undergraduate Students
CCI provides emerging Bangladeshi student leaders with one academic year of non-degree study at an American community college. CCI participants will be enrolled in full-time undergraduate level vocational training courses from the fields of applied engineering, business management and administration, early childhood education, information technology, public safety, media, and tourism and hospitality management. First year through third year undergraduate students are eligible to apply for this program.
The Global Undergraduate (UGRAD) Exchange Program provides one semester of full-time, non-degree, for-credit, study opportunities in the United States for current freshman and sophomore undergraduate students.
Study of the United States Institutes for Student Leaders are four-to-six week academic programs for small groups of foreign undergraduate leaders. Hosted by academic institutions throughout the United States, the Student Leader Institutes include an intensive academic component, an educational study tour to other regions of the country, local community service activities, and a unique opportunity to get to know American peers.
For Bangladeshi High School Students
YES provides scholarships for secondary school students to spend up to one academic year in the United States. Students live with host families, attend high school, engage in activities to learn about American society and values, acquire leadership skills, and help educate Americans about their countries and cultures.
For more Global Scholarships and CANADA Scholarships: