2021-2022 Erasmus Mundus Scholarship
The Erasmus Mundus Programme supports European top-quality Master Courses and enhances the visibility and attractiveness of European higher education in third countries. Euroculture Master programme offers several Erasmus Mundus scholarships for the 2021 intake.
Euroculture Erasmus Mundus student scholarships
The Erasmus Mundus Programme provides EU-funded scholarships for Third Country students and EU/EEA students who have applied to and have been accepted by the Euroculture Master Course. There is around 24 grants available each year. For those applying to start in 2021, around 20 grants will be available.
Please note that the 2021 application round for scholarships takes place between 1 October 2020 and 15 January 2021. Those who submit their applications later can only be considered as self-funding applicants. Application to the MA programme and for the scholarship is one application, no extra scholarship application is needed.
What does the scholarship cover?
The student grant covers the participation costs, a monthly allowance for living costs and a contribution to travel and installation costs. Each grantee will receive EUR 1,000 each month for living costs during the 24 months duration of the programme. The scholarship also includes a contribution to travel and installation and any other type of costs to be paid in two installments, as well as the Euroculture participation costs of EUR 9.000 (EU students) / 18.000 (non-EU students) including health insurance coverage 24 months.
- Scholarship students must have already obtained a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognised equivalent level of learning according to national rules and legislation in place by the application deadline. That means that scholarship applicants must hold a higher education degree by 14 January 2021 to start the programme in 2021.
- Students who have already obtained an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees (EMJMD) scholarship or are former Erasmus Mundus Master/Doctoral Course scholarship holders are not eligible for an additional scholarship under the EMJMD action. Students benefiting from an EMJMD scholarship cannot benefit from another EU grant while pursuing their EMJMD studies.
- The list of countries whose nationals are eligible for a scholarship is presented here. A differentiation between programme country students and partner country students is applied. No more than 25% of the total number of scholarships available will be awarded to programme country students.
- The monthly subsistence allowance is not given to scholarship holders from a Partner Country for the EMJMD periods exceeding three months (indicatively the equivalent of 15ECTS credits) spent inany Partner Country.
- Students from partner countries who have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in any of the programme countries (EU + Turkey, Macedonia, Norway, Lichtenstein, Iceland) will be considered programme country applicants according to the 12-months rule.
- Please note: for given academic year student candidates can apply for maximum three different joint programmes supported by the Erasmus Mundus scholarships (see the EMJMD catalogue).
- A full and timely application is necessary to apply. Check the menu on the left for required documents.
Erasmus Mundus scholar scholarships
Scholarships will also be awarded to scholars enrolled in Third-Country institutions who will be selected by the Euroculture Erasmus Mundus consortium to contribute to the joint programme.
Erasmus Mundus Master Course
In 2005 the Euroculture Master was selected by the European Commission among one of the first Erasmus Mundus Masters Courses (EMMC), for which the Euroculture consortium received funding from 2006 to 2011. It has again been selected for 5 years of funding in the second phase of the Erasmus Mundus Programme, which covers the period 2012-2017. Euroculture has once again been selected as an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) in 2017, which means there will be grants available to those starting the programme in 2018, 2019 and 2020. For 2021 onwards, Euroculture has once again been selected for funding from the European Commission.
The Erasmus Mundus Programme supports European top-quality Joint Master Degrees and enhances the visibility and attractiveness of European higher education in third countries. It fosters cooperation between higher education institutions and academic staff in Europe and Third Countries with a view to creating poles of excellence and providing highly trained human resources. Joint programmes must involve mobility between the institutions of the consortium and lead to the award of recognised joint, double or multiple degrees to successful students / doctoral candidates.
Please note that if your application is selected for Euroculture MA (proposed for a scholarship, put on the reserve list or enrolled on a self-paying basis), its data may be used for the purposes of evaluating the Erasmus programmes, efficiently managing Erasmus projects, and producing statistics. Data could be made available to the Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA), the European Commission, the European External Action Service staff, as well as to other stakeholders of the Erasmus+ programme, such as Erasmus+ National Agencies, National Erasmus+ Offices and the Erasmus Mundus Student and Alumni Association.
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees
How to Apply
Students should consult the online EMJMD Catalogue and contact the consortium offering the Master Course for more information on courses and application procedures.Apply
An Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD), is a prestigious, integrated, international study programme, jointly delivered by an international consortium of higher education institutions.
EMJMDs award EU-funded scholarships to the best student candidates applying under annual selection rounds.
An EMJMD is a study programme of 60, 90 or 120 ECTS credits. This means that it lasts from a minimum of 12 months, to a maximum of 24 months.
Students at Master’s level worldwide can apply.
You must have obtained a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognised equivalent level of learning, according to national legislation and practices, in the degree awarding countries.
If you have already received an EMJMD or an Erasmus Mundus Master Course/Joint Doctorate scholarship, you are not eligible for an additional EMJMD scholarship. You cannot benefit from another EU-funded scholarship scheme while you are receiving an EMJMD scholarship.
The successful completion of the study programme will lead to the award of either a joint degree (i.e. one single degree certificate issued on behalf of at least two higher education institutions of the EMJMD consortium) or multiple degrees (i.e. at least two degree certificates issued by two higher education institutions of the consortium).
To find out whether an EMJMD will be recognised in a given country, contact the appropriate authorities concerned and provide them with the official name of the course.
To receive Erasmus+ financial support, you must first be admitted onto the course by the organising consortium and then be selected for an EMJMD scholarship.
The EMJMD scholarship covers your participation costs (including the tuition fees, library and laboratory costs, full insurance coverage and any other mandatory costs related to your participation in the Master); it represents a contribution to your travel and installation costs and includes a monthly subsistence allowance for the entire duration of the study programme.
The total amount of the scholarship varies according to the duration of your course and your nationality (non-EU students receive larger scholarships).
A minimum of 75% of the scholarships are awarded to candidates from Partner countries.
How to apply
Students should consult the online EMJMD Catalogue and contact the consortium offering the Master Course for more information on courses and application procedures
A new batch of selected EMJMDs is added to the list each summer. Most consortia will require applications to be submitted between October and January, for courses starting the following academic year.
Find out more
In “24 degrees” , academics tell their stories about their own Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree programmes.
Make sure you know your rights when you study abroad.
The Erasmus+ Programme Guide also offers detailed information on these opportunities.
The EMA (Erasmus Mundus Association) is the alumni-association specific to the joint master degrees.
The ESAA – Erasmus+ Student and Alumni Alliance offers Erasmus+ students and alumni a dynamic forum for networking, professional development and intercultural exchange.
More scholarship opportunities are available at the Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency webpage.
Doctoral students can also receive EU support for periods of study abroad through Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions.
Video: Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degrees – together towards excellence with Shqipe Neziri, Manager of the United Nations Development Programme, Anti-Corruption Programme in Kosovo and alumni of the Erasmus Mundus Masters in Public Policy studying from 2009-10 at the University of York (UK) and from 2010-11 at the Central European University in Budapest (Hungary)
Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD), is a prestigious, integrated, international study programme, jointly delivered by an international consortium of higher education institutions.
If you would like to know more about the EMJMDs please have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
The EMJMD Catalogue displays the masters offering Erasmus Mundus funded scholarships in the academic year 2021-2022.
Most consortia require applications to be submitted between October and January, for courses starting the following academic year. Students and potential scholars/guest lecturers should contact directly the relevant consortium for more information on courses and application procedures. Please notice that when you apply, some data is shared with the Agency and treated according to the following privacy statement.
Please note, that due to the COVID-19 pandemic there are a few EMJMDs that decided to postpone the 2020 intake to the year 2021 and all subsequent intakes have been postponed by one year. As a result, these EMJMDs are unlikely to have scholarships available for the 2021 intake. For further information please check the project website clicking on the acronym below.Programme and action:
Keep calm and now apply for 2,450 Fully Funded Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2021 2022. The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for International Students to Study in three Different Universities in three different countries from the European Union. Erasmus is a Fully Funded all Expenses covered Prestigious Scholarship Program. Erasmus Mundus is the most prestigious opportunity with a 0% doubt. The Scholarship will be taken at European Universities, American, and Some Australian Universities.
The Erasmus Mundus Scholarship for Masters in Europe Fall 2021 Intake is open. The Erasmus Scholarship Applications will Start accepting applications from Septemeber and will end in November. There will be different Deadlines for different Programs. You will Study Each Semester in different Countries and in different universities as well as you will do a Part-time internship as a Training in Different countries.
According to Sources, Erasmus Select the Highest Number of Students. The highest Number till now is 2,450 in total from all countries in 2020. Erasmus Scholarship is only to undertake a Masters Degree, MPhil, or Erasmus Fellowship. The Maximum duration of the program is 2 Years. The Flow chat is given below of the previous year 2020 that how many students were selected from each country. Erasmus Mundus Scholarship covers a large number of costs for higher studies
Erasmus Mundus Application Guide 2021 2022
- Sponsored by: European Union
- Countries: Europe
- Funding: Fully Funded
- Duration: 2 Years
- Course Level: Master Degree Program
- Deadline: Different for Different Program
Recently Another Largest Lavish Opportunity announced and that is Chevening Scholarship UK 2021 From UK Government| Fully Funded
What is the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship?
Erasmus Scholarship Start and End Dates
Applications will open soon. Deadlines vary from program to program will start from September and end up in November. But you have to prepare now. Erasmus Mundu’s postdoctoral fellowship & Erasmus Mundus Master Degree Scholarship are open for all nationality holders across the world.
How does Erasmus Scholarship work?
In this scholarship, you will study in Europe in 03 European countries in 03 universities and get a dual degree awarded by two European universities.
As we already said, it depends on the program. But each program consists of 2 Years, and you will study each semester at different universities and in a different country which will in Europe, Australia, or maybe the USA.
You can also check some other Scholarships offering in European Countries Like Ireland Government Scholarship 2021 For Masters & Ph.D. | Funded
Benefits of the Erasmus Mundus
Erasmus is a Fully Funded all expenses covered scholarship program for all the students. They will cover all your expenses.
- Monthly Stipend (almost 1100-1200 Euros per month)
- Free Tuition Fee.
- Traveling Allowance.
- International Airfare Tickets
- Travel Allowance from Country to Country
- No Bond Restriction to return to Country.
- Job Visa granted after a Master’s/Ph.D. The degree to work in Europe after the degree.
- Erasmus is like Fulbright of Europe. With so many benefits, you must consider this opportunity.
Check Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2021 in the United Kingdom | Fully Funded
How to Prepare for Erasmus Mundus?
This is an early notice to give you awareness and prepare early for it.
- You can open the catalog of Erasmus + Master programs and go through each program one by one and see which program you fit in (Do wait for more Masters programs to be updated in the previous list).
- Erasmus + programs are not most of the time exactly the same discipline/major but multi-disciplinary. So, you have to open similar-looking words in program names, relevant to your degree and check if you fit in there, fully or partially, then you can apply.
- Open the list of programs being offered by Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2020. Programs may have very strange names. You may or may not find the traditional names of Masters as we have in Pakistan such as Masters in Electrical Engineering, Masters in Biotechnology.
- So, open the links of Master’s degree programs which even look slightly relevant to you. Open the website and if you see your degree or profile or work experience, partially or fully fit into details of that program, then for this program, you must apply. Finalize 03 most relevant programs to your profile.
- Check the requirements of programs and try to prepare for them early such as Statement of purpose, motivation letters, personal statements, etc. No need to contact a professor or university or taking admission in the university. Just apply on respective websites of programs and if get selected, everything will be dealt with by the programs.
- To see the video links are given below and websites. Work hard on your profile for this scholarship as it is one of the most competitive and prestigious scholarships. Normally the selection of students shows that high CGPAs students get this scholarship, but low CGPA holders with exceptional skills to show also get it.
Check Scholarships for International Students in USA | 2020-2021
Erasmus Mundus Scholarship Requirements
- You MUST try to prepare and take IELTS/TOEFL test in September/October (If pandemic condition persists and tests centers remain closed, then you can email coordinators of your relevant programs to ask about the exemption of TOELF/IELTS in October, November). To prepare for IELTS, Please go through the IELTS Free Online Preparation Course
Also, You can check if your institute of Program is accepting any other language Test? The New IELTS Alternative is Launched Called Duolingo English Test Proficiency. So, you can give a test from home.
- Taking these tests will also enable you for other foreign scholarships as well along with Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2021. It is a highly competitive scholarship, so do not take any requirement for granted. On average 6.5 bands in IELTS at least are accepted for every program. GRE is not required in any program.
- No need to contact any professor or else. Just find the details on your relevant program websites and apply by following instructions given on the program’s own website when they open
- No work experience is required.
- People with at least 16 years of education can apply for it
- No age restrictions.
- People with CGPA between 2.5 to 3.0 have been selected also. So, low CGPA holders must take chance. Also see videos below, one from the guy with low CGPA also. See techniques by him.
- I can just give you just this advice that if you do not have good CGPA, you must have other things on your profiles such as Research papers, Online Courses, training or job experience, etc.
- Result awaited students can apply. But how the result can find out that until when they can submit their final result? This can only be found out by emailing the program coordinators of the 03 programs that you have selected to apply for or if they already have mentioned this on their websites.
- You can get this information from there and ask for this information from program coordinators in November, December, not before that.
Check Reach Oxford Scholarships 2021 UK | Fully Funded
How to Apply for the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship 2021?
To check the Official website of Erasmus and to check the List of the Programs offering, Please Visit the Official website of the Erasmus Mundus. The Applications are now open.