Apply for tuition free study at the University of Vienna in Austria, for both Bachelors and Masters Degree incoming students from selected countries;
Afghanistan • Angola • Equatorial Guinea • Ethiopia • Bangladesh • Benin • Bhutan • Burkina Faso • Burundi • Djibouti • Eritrea • Gambia • Guinea • Guinea-Bissau • Haiti • Yemen • Cambodia • Cape Verde • Kiribati • Comoros • Congo – Democratic Republic • Laos – People’s Democratic Republic • Lesotho • Liberia • Madagascar • Malawi • Maldives • Mali • Mauritania • Mozambique • Myanmar • Nepal • Niger • Rwanda • Solomon Islands • Zambia • Samoa • São Tomé and Principe • Senegal • Sierra Leone • Somalia • Sudan • Tanzania – United Republic • Timor-Leste • Togo • Chad • Tuvalu • Uganda • Vanuatu • Central African Republic
that are eligible for a tuition waiver. The University of Vienna offers the largest range of courses in Austria.
The University of Vienna is the largest research institution in Austria and the largest educational institution: Around 89,000 national and international students are currently enrolled at the University of Vienna. With 178 regular courses, it has the most diverse range of courses in the country. The University of Vienna is also an important institution for further education in Austria. Founded in 1365, Alma Mater Rudolphina Vindobonensis celebrated its 650th anniversary in 2015 with a varied annual program.
Prospective students choose from almost 60 Bachelor’s and over 100 Master’s degree programs as well as more than 70 university courses . This gives them the chance to choose the course of study that best suits their ideas, interests and professional goals.
The university recognizes the financial challenges many students face when seeking higher education away from their home countries and there fore it is proud to present the tuition fee waiver aimed to easing the financial burden on such students and especially those from developing countries. Students interested in this program are advised to submit their applications from 12 July to 5 September 2021
How the tuition free study works at the University of Vienna
- Students with citizenship of one of the selected countries developing countries (See list under eligibility criteria) are exempt from tuition fees.
- The tuition fee is waived for the entire duration of the regular course of study, so that only the ÖH fee is payable per semester (ÖH fee is around 20 euros)
Citizenship and Nationals of the following countries are exempt from paying TUITION FEES. (Please see full list here)
Applicants for Master’s Degree programmes must meet the following conditions
- Without exception, an application for admission is only possible if you have completed your studies (at least 180 ECTS) and are no longer entitled to an examination.
- Applicants must posses a Bachelor’s degree in a preferred field of study if they are to be considered.
- Your post-secondary degree of at least three years must be subject-related or closely related to the future master’s degree.
- If your course is offered in German, you will need a proof of your German language skills at level A2 or higher
- For all English course, you will need an English proficiency certificate to prove your skills
If applying for a Bachelor’s degree, you must meet the following requirements
- You must have proof of special university entrance qualification
- Applicants must have completed their High school/ secondary studies
- You will need a proof of your German language skills at level A2 or higher since all Bachelor’s degrees are offered in German.
To apply, you are advised to follow the following procedure
Step 1: prepare the required documents
- Prepare all necessary documents in the respective file format before the application period begins.
- Scan all your documents including Bachelor certificate, transcripts of records, certified translations, proof of special university entrance qualification and others
Step 2: Application for admission in u: space
- Within the application period, create your u: account in u: space that you will need in your further studies.
- You must then Log in to u: space, complete the registration, select the desired course of study and upload the necessary documents. Then click on “Apply”.
- Remember to upload and attach al the required documents
- After submission, your application will turn to “submitted” in u: space under “My study applications”, and then your application will be processed.
- Your passport or identity card (front and back)
- Proof of German language skills at level A2 (when applying for a German-language master’s degree)
- Provide Proof of German language skills at level A2 ( For bachelors applicants)
- Your degree/ High school certificate (s) and your transcript of transcripts with the required legalization for your country
- Submit proof of special university entrance qualification ( a must for bachelors degree applicants)
- Include certified translation of the above documents if they are not issued in German or English
- Proof of knowledge of German or English and other requirements stipulated in the curriculum
The admission procedure at the University of Vienna
Detailed information on the first-time admission to bachelor, diploma and master programmes as well as further information on the admission.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here