Development-Related Postgraduate Courses (EPOS) • DAAD
Are you Struggling Financially? Here is an amazing scholarship opportunity for you to remove the economic hurdles that stand in your way of education. Aspirants are invited to apply for the DAAD Scholarships 2021 in Germany. The DAAD Scholarship from development and newly industrialized countries students from all disciplines are encouraged to apply for the most prestigious and competitive scholarship program in the world.
This funding program is available to encourage international students who want to undertake a Master’s and Ph.D. degree program at the top German Universities.
DAAD Scholarships are specially designed to support talented international students or students in need. The selection process is mainly based on academic, social, or personal characteristics. The normal duration of the Daad international Scholarship 2022-23 is 12 to 42 months (dependent on the study program).
With its development-oriented postgraduate study programmes, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialised countries. Well-trained local experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialised countries from all disciplines and with at least two years’ professional experience the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognised German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Who can apply?
Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience from the following countries:
list of eligible countries
List of developing countries; according to the Development Assistance Committee = DAC of the OECD supported in the programme “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” Developing countries and developing territories EUROPE ASIA East Asia Albania Comoros Senegal Nicaragua Near and Middle East Cambodia Belarus Congo Sierra Leone Panama
5 Iraq China Bosnien-Herzegowina Congo, Dem. Rep. Somalia St. Lucia Iran Indonesia Croatia Côte d’Ivoire South Africa St. Vincent and Jordan Korea DPR Macedonia Djibouti South Sudan the Grenadines Lebanon Laos Moldova, Rep. Equatorial Guinea St. Helena Palestinian territories Malaysia Montenegro Eritrea Sudan South America Syria Mongolia Serbia 1 Eswatini
3 Tanzania Argentina 5 Yemen Philippines Turkey Ethiopia Togo Bolivia Thailand Ukraine Gabun Uganda Brazil South and Central Asia Timor-Leste Gambia Zambia Columbia Afghanistan Vietnam AFRICA Ghana Zimbabwe Ecuador Armenia North Africa Guinea Guyana Azerbaijan OCEANIA Algeria Guinea-Bissau AMERICA Paraguay Bangladesh Cook Islands 6 Egypt Kenya North and Central America Peru Bhutan Fiji Libya Lesotho Antigua and Barbuda
5 Suriname Georgia Kiribati Morocco Liberia Belize Venezuela India Marshall Islands Tunesia Madagascar Costa Rica Kazakhstan Micronesia Malawi Cuba Kyrgyzstan Nauru Sub-Saharan Africa Mali Dominica Maledives Niue Angola
2 Mauritania Dominican Republic Myanmar Palau 5 Benin Mauritius El Salvador Nepal Papua New Guinea Botswana Mayotte Grenada Pakistan Samoa Burkina Faso Mozambique Guatemala Sri Lanka Solomon Islands Burundi Namibia Haiti Tajikistan Tokelau Cameroon Niger Honduras Turkmenistan Tonga Cape Verde Nigeria Jamaika Uzbekistan Tuvalu Central African Republic Rwanda Mexico Vanuatu4 Chad Sâo Tomé and Principe Montserrat Wallis and Futuna
1 including Kosovo
4 Vanuatu will graduate in 2020
5 Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Palau and Panama probably will graduate in 2021
6 The decision about graduation of the Cook Islands is expected for 2019 Source: OECD/DAC
What can be funded?
Individual scholarships exclusively for Postgraduate courses in Germany that are listed on the “List of all Postgraduate courses with application deadlines 2022/23”.
Duration of the funding
12 to 42 months (dependent on study programme)
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
- Candidates fulfil the necessary academic requirements and can be expected to successfully complete a study programme in Germany (above-average result for first academic exam – top performance third, language skills)
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) in an appropriate subject
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship
DAAD Scholarships 2022-23 in Germany Details:
- Scholarship Host Country: Germany
- Sponsored By: Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation & Development.
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Course Level: Master’s, PhD
- Eligibility: International students.
- Deadline: Varies
List of Available Fields of Study:
- Economic Sciences/Business Administration/Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine/Public Health
- Social Sciences, Education and Law
- Media Studies
Financial Benefits of DAAD Scholarship 2022-23:
- DAAD Scholarship Monthly Stipend
- 850 euros will be provided for a master studies
- 1,200 euros will be provided for doctoral studies
- Health, accident, and personal liability insurance payments will be provided.
- Travel Allowance.
- Free tuition fee
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship 2022-23 in Germany:
- Applicants From all Developing Countries are encouraged to apply. (Check Eligible Countries List).
- A candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree (usually a four-year course) in a related subject.
- A candidate’s academic degree should normally not be more than six years old.
- A candidate should have at least two years of professional experience.
The application deadline to apply for the DAAD Scholarship 2022-2023 in Germany vary from one university to another.
Check World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2021-22 for International Students
How to Apply For DAAD International Scholarship 2022-23 in Germany?
To apply for the DAAD Scholarship you need to fill an online application. Please visit the official DAAD website the link is given below.
For more fully funded international scholarships and other Opportunities Join Us On Facebook