DAAD Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is available to pursue masters or PhD at the top German Universities. DAAD scholarships cover monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
If you are looking to study in Germany with scholarship then read this article through. Because in this article we will explain in detail about What is DAAD scholarship 2023, its benefits and step by step application procedure.
Well-trained experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries.
2022-2023 Canada University Admission Without IELTS | Apply Fully Funded Scholarships
How are you doing? You may be aware of Universities in Canada Without IELTS, but did you know that these Universities also offer Scholarships in Canada Without IELTS? There are Bachelor, Master, and Ph.D. degrees available at these […]
For International Students
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
DAAD Scholarship 2023 Summary
- Level of Study: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters
- Institution: DAAD
- Study in: Germany
- Courses Offered:
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- You can also see the complete list of available Postgraduate Courses.
- Program Period: Between 12 and 36 months depending on the length of the chosen study program.
- DAAD Scholarship Deadline: Depending on chosen study program; please check deadlines here.
DAAD Scholarship Coverage
DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD Germany provide the recipient with following benefits:
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- One-off study allowance.
Also check: Islamic Development Bank Scholarship Program (Fully Funded)
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy.
- Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. € 500.- per semester).
Canada USA UK Government Fully Funded Scholarships for 2022-2023 : Apply Online Now
Find & apply for as many Canada USA UK Government Fully Funded scholarships as you can—it’s free money for college or career school! Start researching early, and meet deadlines, and you may be on your […]
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship 2023
To be eligible for DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD Germany, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Languages: English or German.
- For international programs, the language of instruction is English. You are usually required to submit an English language certificate e.g. TOEFL or IELTS.
- For other programs, the language of instruction is German. They usually ask to submit a German language certificate e.g. DSH or Test DaF.
- Eligible Countries: Click here for list of eligible developing countries.
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) or Masters degree in an appropriate subject.
- Students have at least two years’ professional experience.
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and expect to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
Also check: Fulbright Scholarship USA | Fully Funded | Application Process
How to Apply for DAAD Scholarship 2023?
To apply for DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD in Germany please follow the following step by step application procedure:
Can you Apply for more than one course under DAAD scholarship?
You can apply for up to three courses. If applying to more than one course, please list courses in order of priority in the DAAD application forms (see 7. Choice of host university/institution in Germany) and do not change the priorities in the according application form!
Required Documents for DAAD Scholarship:
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample euro pass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with current date
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate program(s), two pages maximum) with current date.
IMPORTANT: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses. And why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – Required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China have to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
Note: Some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information, please see the relevant course description in the Brochure and on the respective websites. Applicants have to submit the complete applications in English or German to be considered.
Canada Government Student Grants Loans & Scholarships : Apply-online for 2022-2023
Grants and loans for full-time and part-time students The Canada Student Financial Assistance Program offers student grants and loans to full-time and part-time students. Grants and loans help students pay for their post-secondary education. Apply […]
Step by Step Application and Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarship:
- Chose suitable courses of your interest. (You can apply for maximum three courses)
- Apply to universities offering that courses.
- You send your complete application(s) (with above documents) directly to the universities.
- A selection committee suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
- DAAD will contact with The suggested candidates to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal. (The link to the DAAD Portal will be provided by DAAD through email)
- The authority will finalize the selection process. DAAD will inform the suggested candidates accordingly.
Make sure that you have a copy of each document of your application ready, as those documents (as PDF files) have to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal in case you are suggested for a DAAD scholarship!
To know more about DAAD Scholarship 2023 for Masters and PhD Germany, please visit official website:
- Scholarships in Germany
Why Study in Germany?
Why is Germany a great study destination? Located in the heart of Europe and without tuition fees, find out why Germany could be the perfect place to get your degree abroad.
1. Quality institutions
Germany is the most popular non-English-speaking study destination in the world and has some of the best ranked universities in Western Europe. In 2020, the Times Higher Rankings placed LMU Munich in 29th position in the world, Heidelberg University in 37th place and Humboldt University of Berlin in 49, while many other institutions are listed after 100.
Recognized by the Quality of its latest generation teaching and facilities, the German Government is also very dedicated to higher education. German state funds research projects are carried out every year, which allows students to carry out their own individual projects and cutting-edge research.
2. There are no tuition fees
You may have dreamed of studying in Europe, but you are worried about how you will finance your studies. Germany may be the right place for you! Studying undergraduate in Germany is FREE. Yes, you read it right! Even as an international student, you don’t have to pay fees or tuition fees. Because in Germany the registrations are free of charge.
In fact, at the end of your undergraduate studies at a German university you can chose to pursue a postgraduate degree that is also free. Without tuition fees you can save extra money for accommodation, study material, socialization and know nearby places.
3. Job Opportunities
After graduation, international students can stay up to 18 months in Germany to look for a job, a generous amount of time compared to many other European countries, such as the United Kingdom, where they can be three months after graduation.
In 2020, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) reported that about 50% of international students reside in the country after graduation, reflecting the appetite and demand to remain in the nation to work .
Universities also have excellent links with companies, this gives them an advantage in the search for internships or placement. According to the results of the Times Higher Education’s Global Employ-ability University Ranking,
4. Quality of life
Life as a student in Germany is undoubtedly impressive. Most major German cities such as Berlin, Munich and Hamburg are centers of culture, art and music. There is so much to see and do, no matter what your interests, this is the perfect place to be a curious international student.
If you are interested in sports, politics, history or art, you will find your niche market and a crowd with similar interests to yours. So due to a strong economy and infrastructure, it has a reliable, safe and fast public transport, which means that moving is very easy.
During the day you can explore the impressive architecture, medieval castles and parks and at night enjoy the great life in the main cities.
2022-2023 Canada Study, Work and Stay Here; Apply Online Now
2022-2023 Canada Study, Work and Stay Here; Apply Online Now Nowadays, Canada is a dream destination of study where international students can build a better future. Therefore, you will find the needed information on the […]
5. International environment
Germany is a breeding ground for students and international multiculturalism. However with so many university studies taught in English and no tuition fees, international students from all over the world naturally attract the country.
Last year, more than 300,000 international students studied in the nation and that amount is expected to increase even more. It is also located in the heart of Western Europe that allows easy access and travel to other countries in the area, where you can discover new cultures and visit places of interest.
8 thoughts on “DAAD Scholarship 2023 | Application Process | Fully Funded”